sunnuntai 21. kesÀkuuta 2015

Quick Update With Thoughts About Summer And Upcoming Articles

Hi there you all fellow hobbyists!

Just noticed that the time is 4 AM local time and I had thought to give a brief update on sunday about what is coming up. On summer you can't actually tell here whether it is 11PM, 3AM or 6AM as there is same amount of light all the time during summertime.

I happen to live just few degrees short of Polar Circle so during the summer there is a period during which the Sun doesn't go down at all and this weekend we celebrated Midsummer's Eve which is originally a pagan tradition that celebrates fertility (both for the upcoming harvest and for the females) which has gone through reformation to a church approved version when christianism came to Finland around 12th century.

I am not sure if any finn considers Midsummer's Eve as a Christian holiday anymore as most finns just pack their cars and head onto their and their relative's summer houses causing massive amount of traffic jams to every highway. The whole festival is about eating as much as BBQ food as you can while you try to drink every last drip of the alcohol available until you pass out or find a bed companion who is in the same drunken state as you (or if you don't pass out and find suitable companion you pretty much end up doing something stupid such as stabbing your neighbour, driving your car to a tree or getting drowned while having a leak from a rowboat without life jacket. Even statistics prove that roughly 80% of drownings happen during Midsummer's Eve, the victim is male and his zipper is open).

Well atleast I survived the festival but the carsinogens gained by eating a black angus entrecote steak weighing over two pounds as well as plenty of other BBQ stuff might cause some long term damage (atleast if we trust Swedes on health and safety  related issues and why woudn't we? 😆). I didn't even pass out or do anything stupid but that might be due the fact that I am not a normal finn when it comes to drinking habits as I just take one or two beers or a glasses of good wine when I happen to take some alcohol and those occasions are rare too.


Got my third bar too this month so atleast in theory I should know something about making war so I can brag about this or that not being realistic when I discuss about wargames but I guess that it won't work in practice. I guess I should say that I don't work for military so people don't get wrong thoughts but each Finn has an obligation to defend his or her's country and every male citizen must go through military training  for atleast a six months or go through civilian service of they are pacifists. I for myself am a fan of mandatory military training for everyone because it will lead to peace as every politician has relatives who must enter the war and therefore they will think for a long time until before they decide to spprove hostile actions towards other nations.

Midsummer's Eve also meant a start of summer vacation for me and my wife (as well as most of Finns) so atleast in theory I have a lot of time to dedicate for my hobby and therefore also for my blog.

I deciced to haul my essential hobby equipments from our gaming den to my home so I don't have to drive there to start going through all the army projects I have on my list.

As you can see there is a Imperial Guard Sentinel among those Skitarii boxes and I am going to mod it into Ironstrider Ballistarii with help of those spare bitz from those "real" 'striders that I am going to build as Dragoons. If it works out well I'll do another one so I have four Dragoons and two Ballistariis after that.

My Cult Mechanicus boxes had been caught into a some kind of logistical limbo so I won't have them as fast on the table as I would like to.




Got my hands to a Dark Angels Codex and it seems to me that I might start even another army which would mean that only armies I lack after that would be Chaos Space Marines and Deamons but with the upcoming Tzeentch Daemonkin could change that too.

I have a question to ask to you as I would like to know whether I should finish Theoryhammer intro, Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus Painting&Tactics, New Space Marines indepth Tactical review or Character Modding article first? Let me know what you think of.

Have a happy summer everyone.


Ei kommentteja:

LÀhetÀ kommentti